Saturday, July 25, 2020

Apple Currant Bread



Oh, fond memories of childhood.  That's what this fabulous autumn staff of life brings dorsum to me.  My Mom used to bake all the fourth dimension when I was growing up. (Hmmmm ... were y'all wondering where I got it from??  The apple tree doesn't autumn far from the tree, right?)  And this apple tree currant staff of life was 1 of my absolute favorites inward her line-up.


Fresh apple.  Sweet currants.  Just a hint of cinnamon.  The squeeze of chopped pecans.  Isn't that the perfect blend of autumn flavors?  If it's not, good too thus it's pretty close! 

I hadn't had this staff of life inward years.  And had genuinely forgotten how much I similar it.  Then, spell leafing through my family's cookbook, it struck me - "Hey!  I ask to brand apple tree currant bread!"  So I did. 

Bake yourself upward a loaf of this beautiful bread, piece off a large hunk, too dig in.  You'll last glad y'all did.



Apple Currant Bread
Source:  My Mom
(Printable recipe)
Ingredients
1/3 c. butter
2/3 c. granulated sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
ii eggs
ii T. milk
1 tsp. lemon juice
ii c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. peeled shredded apple tree (about ii medium or 1 really large apple)
1 c. dried currants
1/2 c. chopped nuts (I move pecans)


Directions
1.  Cream together butter, sugar, too cinnamon.  Beat inward eggs until low-cal too fluffy.  Beat inward milk too lemon juice.

2.  Stir together dry out ingredients; add together to creamed mixture, stirring simply until moistened.  Fold inward shredded apple, currants, too nuts.

3.  Spoon into a greased loaf pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for almost 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted inward the catch comes out clean.  (I permit mine become for the total sixty minutes too I mean value I slightly over-cooked it.  I advise starting to depository fiscal establishment lucifer a fleck earlier an sixty minutes is up.)

Enjoy!