Saturday, July 25, 2020

Dark Chocolate Pretzel Fudge


Well, howdy there, Crazy Cooking Challenge time!  The challenge presented for December by our hostess, Tina of Mom's Crazy Cooking, was  FUDGE!  Gloriously decadent in addition to totally indulgent fudge.

I'm novel to making fudge ... I made my kickoff fudge only final month, when I pose ii theatre unit of measurement recipes to a head-to-head gustation in addition to texture challenge.  (My mother-in-law's recipe crunch my sister-in-law's!)  I ever idea fudge was hard to make, but ya know, it's not.  It's actually pretty simple.

So, amongst only ane batch of fudge nether my belt, I laid out to notice a fudge flavour to play amongst for the Crazy Cooking Challenge.  I came across many interesting in addition to intriguing flavors ... similar eggnog, mocha, in addition to cappuccino ... but beingness a choc-a-holic, I went amongst a expert ol' chocolate variation Dark Chocolate Pretzel Fudge, adapted from Beantown Baker's Oreo Pretzel Fudge.  When I saw the combination of fudge in addition to pretzels, I only couldn't resist!  I left off Beantown Baker's Oreo cookies 'n cream layer, in addition to went amongst only direct chocolate in addition to pretzels.  Oh my.

This fudge is incredibly intense in addition to rich, hence only a footling dab volition practice ya.  But my oh my, it's a choc-a-holic's dream.

To construct it, start yesteryear preparing an 8"x8" pan amongst an aluminum foil or parchment newspaper sling.  This volition larn inwards tardily to elevator the finished fudge from the pan for cutting, in addition to volition construct clean-up of your pan a breeze.

Melt some night chocolate in addition to combine it amongst sweetened condensed milk.  I used Baker's semi-sweet chocolate squares.


Then stir inwards virtually a loving cup of crushed pretzels.


Pour one-half of this mixture into your prepared pan in addition to transcend it amongst a layer of whole pretzels.


Pour the residue of the fudge mixture on transcend in addition to smoothen it out.


Now, Beantown Baker suggested sprinkling the transcend amongst bounding main salt.  And I agree.  I wishing I had taken her advice in addition to done that.  And side yesteryear side fourth dimension I construct this fudge, I will laissez passer on it a footling sprinkling.  While y'all indeed practice larn the beautiful chocolate-and-salt flavour from the night chocolate in addition to pretzels, I intend some other footling kicking of tabular array salt on the transcend would hold upwards totally fabulous.

Cool the completed fudge in addition to cutting it into small-scale squares.  Pop it inwards your oral fissure in addition to relish the salty goodness!



Dark Chocolate Pretzel Fudge
Source:  Adapted from The Beantown Baker
(Printable recipe)
Ingredients
1 (8 oz.) bundle semi-sweet chocolate squares (I used Baker's brand)
1 (14 oz.) tin sweetened condensed milk
1 c. crushed pretzel pieces (approximately 25 small twist pretzels)
Additional whole small-scale twist pretzels (approximately xx additional pretzels)
Fleur de sel or bounding main tabular array salt (optional)


Directions
1.  Line an 8"x8" pan amongst an aluminum foil or parchment newspaper sling.

2.  Melt the chocolate in addition to condensed milk together inwards a small-scale saucepan over depression heat.  Remove from oestrus in addition to stir inwards pretzel pieces.

3.  Spread 1/2 of the chocolate mixture inwards the prepared pan; transcend amongst a layer of whole pretzels.  Pour remaining chocolate mixture on transcend in addition to spread it evenly.  Top amongst a sprinkling of fleur de sel or bounding main tabular array salt (optional).

4.  Refrigerate for virtually ii hours or until firm; cutting into small-scale squares.

(Note - The pretzels practice stimulate down to soften afterwards a twain of days.  It's notwithstanding tasty afterwards they soften, but only hold upwards aware that the pretzel 'crunch' fades.  So ... if y'all desire to 'keep the crunch,' swallow upwards inside a 24-hour interval or two!)

Enjoy!