Saturday, July 25, 2020

Chai-Spiced Mixed Nuts


I'm dorsum from a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend amongst my family!  I ate agency likewise much food, relaxed watching movies amongst my Dad, shopped as well as shared vino amongst my Mom, watched a "Chopped" marathon on the Food Network (I honey that show!), as well as precisely by as well as large had a low-key as well as relaxing weekend.  I promise y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, too!

And instantly it's fourth dimension to plow an optic toward Christmas.

About 2 weeks agone I started planning out Christmastime lessons for my classroom.  I can't believe Christmas is nigh hither already.  And I absolutely could non believe I had my 'December' folder out at school.  Truly, where is fourth dimension going?  (As my hubby likes to say, "Life is similar a curl of john newspaper ... the closer y'all larn to the end, the faster it goes."  Nice, huh?)  Well, Christmas is nigh here.  I've got my tree upward ... it's non decorated yet, but the tree itself is up.  That's a start.  Hopefully, married adult man volition assistance me larn the lights on it tomorrow.  And  I've started my vacation baking ... yay!  That's i of my favorite parts of the Christmas season.

So, inwards accolade of the outset of the Christmas season, I decided to portion this recipe for Chai-Spiced Mixed Nuts.  These are delicious.  And would hold upward perfect every bit fiddling gifts or every bit nibbles at a vacation party.  And y'all know what else?  They're easy!!  Oh, how I honey a recipe that's both delicious and easy! 


You outset past times but tossing a combination of nuts amongst vanilla-laced egg white ... I used a mix of whole almonds, walnuts, as well as pecans.  Then sprinkle on a sugar-and-spice mixture, larn everything expert as well as coated, ...
Sugar-and-spice goodness

... as well as spread the nuts inwards a unmarried layer on a baking sheet.

"Is it fourth dimension for the sauna??"

Bake 'em up, as well as they'll prepare a fabulously tasty sugar-and-spice flaky coating.  Soooooo good.

See the flaky sugar-and-spice coating?

Serve upward a bowl as well as enjoy!  I've made 2 batches already, as well as shared amongst friends.  I am a huge chai fan ... then I mean value I run across a few to a greater extent than batches inwards my nigh future.  Yum!

A bowl of yummy nibbles


Chai-Spiced Mixed Nuts
Source:  Adapted from Cooking Light magazine
(Printable recipe)
Ingredients
1 T. vanilla extract
1 egg white
three c. nuts (I used 1 c. each whole almonds, pecan halves, & walnut halves)
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. kosher salt
3/4 tsp. position down cinnamon
3/4 tsp. position down allspice
1/4 tsp. position down cardamom


Directions
1.  Combine vanilla extract as well as egg white inwards a large bowl; stir amongst a whisk until foamy.  Stir inwards nuts.

2.  Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, allspice, as well as cardamom inwards a small-scale bowl.  Sprinkle over nuts, tossing to coat.

3.  Place nut mixture on a baking canvass lined amongst parchment newspaper or foil.  Bake at 325 degrees for fifteen minutes.  Remove pan from oven.  Turn off oven.

4.  Toss nuts, breaking pieces apart.  Return pan to oven, as well as larn out pan inwards oven for an additional 10 minutes (with the oven withal turned off).

5.  Cool to room temperature.  Store nuts inwards an airtight container at room temperature for upward to a week.

Enjoy!