Saturday, July 25, 2020

Nutella French Toast Alongside Maple Syrup, Bananas & Strawberries



This creation was a total one-day-I-got-a-wild-hair experiment that sooooo worked!!  I had seen some postings out inwards blogland virtually peanut butter as well as jelly french toast as well as virtually chocolate french toast.  As ordinarily happens alongside me, I started to wonder ... I'm ever wondering ...

My wonder was (which you've in all probability already guessed), if you lot tin brand french toast alongside things like chocolate or peanut butter as well as jelly, I wondered if it would piece of employment alongside Nutella?  Well, it did!  Oh, it to a greater extent than than worked - it's delicious.

I honey "wonderings."  In my 1st storey classroom I telephone phone them "I wonders."  I honey to request heed my petty 1st graders wonder.  When nosotros create our origin scientific discipline experiment of the year, I simply start wondering aloud virtually things nosotros could exam as well as try.  They chop-chop pick out handgrip of on, start wondering themselves, as well as I start testing out their "I wonders."  It's thus fun. 

Our origin scientific discipline experiment of the yr is ever dealing alongside strength - the students are learning virtually pushing as well as pulling every bit the ii types of force.  We conduct keep diverse objects as well as come across if the strength from a common, personal fan is rigid plenty to force them.  Who would mean value such a uncomplicated activeness would live on thus much fun for the students?  But they love it!  One of the objects I ever operate is a balloon.  I conduct keep it straight off out of the package, deflated, as well as come across if the fan tin motility it.  No deal.  It never takes long for i of the students to say, "I wonder what would hand if you lot blew upwards the balloon?"  Ahhh, music to my instructor ears.  They're thinking.  They're wondering.  I honey it.

And thus it went alongside this Nutella French Toast.

I started out dipping some French breadstuff slices inwards an egg-and-milk mixture, simply similar you lot would for traditional French toast.  Then on to testing out my origin "I wonder" ... I slathered Nutella on each while as well as stuck the pieces together inwards a stack ... tasted it ... as well as it was fabulous!

"I wonder" #1 - French Toast slathered alongside Nutella


Then the experiment continued alongside some other "I wonder" --- I wondered if Nutella as well as maple syrup are adept together?  I'm a Vermont girl, thus French Toast without maple syrup simply seems wrong.  I had to give it a go.  So, on went the maple syrup ...

"I wonder" #2 - Nutella French Toast alongside maple syrup

... as well as Oh.  My.  Word.  Nutella as well as maple syrup are indeed very adept together.  Like really indescribably good. 

And as well as then the experiment continued with another "I wonder" --- I wondered how it would live on alongside banana as well as strawberry slices?  On went some bananas as well as strawberries ...

"I wonder" #3 - adding sliced bananas as well as strawberries

... as well as it's fifty-fifty better!!  Of course, when I ate it, my plate was sure non every bit bang-up looking every bit the plate inwards this picture.  I cutting upwards the French Toast, bananas, as well as strawberries as well as made sure everything was all swirled inwards alongside the maple syrup.  Yum.

And that's how this process came to be.  A Nutella-y, maple syrup-y, banana, as well as strawberry swirled-up concoction that is oh-so-yummy for my tummy!  This will travel a staple inwards my breakfast-for-dinner line-up.  I foresee frequent appearances.  Very frequent appearances.

Ooey-gooey Nutella



Nutella French Toast alongside Maple Syrup, Bananas, & Strawberries
Source:  Tracey creation
(Printable recipe)
Note:  Recipe yields iv slices (2 servings).  Adjust quantities every bit desired.

Ingredients
iv (1/2"-thick) slices French bread
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c. milk
1 T. butter, to coat pan
Nutella (about 1/4 c.)
Maple syrup (preferably pure Vermont maple syrup!)
1 banana, sliced
iv strawberries, sliced


Directions
1.  Combine beaten eggs as well as milk inwards a broad shallow dish.  Dip a breadstuff while inwards the egg mixture; plow as well as dip the other side, coating well.  Repeat alongside remaining breadstuff slices.

2.  Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.  Add butter to the pan, as well as coat the skillet surface alongside the melted butter.  Place coated breadstuff slices inwards the pan as well as laid upwards each side until golden brown, virtually 3-5 minutes per side.

3.  Remove breadstuff slices from the pan as well as house on a plate.  Spread ii of the slices generously alongside Nutella; house the remaining ii slices on transcend to shape sandwiches.  Top alongside maple syrup, sliced bananas, as well as sliced strawberries.

Enjoy!

(NOTE:  I conduct keep also made this alongside regular sliced bread.  It's adept that way, too.)