Thursday, December 12, 2019

Peanut Butter Granola {With Honey-Roasted Peanuts}


I'm non a picky eater.  Well, except for simply a few things.  Like fish.  And dark olives.  And caraway seeds.  And peanut butter.

Yes, I'm extremely picky when it comes to peanut butter.  I similar it best straight-up on a spoon, simply scooped out of the jar.

Just plain, slathered on a slice of bread?  Okay.  On toast or an English linguistic communication muffin? ...

I tin grip that.  A Reese's peanut butter loving cup amongst chocolate?  Yes ... but only the mini ones that stimulate got to a greater extent than chocolate than peanut butter .  The 'big' ones have, well, ... simply likewise much peanut butter stuff.

So, how most a peanut butter together with jelly sandwich, y'all ask?  Absolutely not!  No way, no how.  Can't stand upward it.  That other childhood classic combination of peanut butter together with marshmallow fluff?  Nope.  And don't fifty-fifty larn me started on peanut butter together with bananas.  Ick.


Until recently, I didn't fifty-fifty similar peanut butter inwards baked goods or desserts.  Can y'all believe it?  But ... I appear to travel getting over that dislike (case inwards betoken - Black Bottom Peanut Butter Icebox Pie).  Hmmmm, mayhap that's non a skillful thing.

So when I decided I wanted to endeavour making peanut butter granola, I surprised fifty-fifty myself.



And turns out, it was a actually yummy surprise!  I establish the master copy recipe over at Chocolate, Chocolate together with More, together with and then tweaked it quite a bit.  No shocker there, right? ... If y'all read hither often, y'all pretty much know I can't exit a recipe alone.  I've ever got to endeavour a affair or 2 ... or 3 ... different.

The biggest tweak I made was to pose inwards honey-roasted peanuts.  Total yum!  Just accept a peek at those beautiful granola chunks amongst tasty honey-roasted peanuts ...


I'm therefore glad I took the plunge to brand this peanut butter granola.  While chai granola is withal my all-time favorite, this 1 is a super unopen second!

Now, on a totally dissimilar note, I'd similar to portion amongst y'all 1 of the absolute coolest Christmas presents I've ever received.  'Cause I used it every bit the background for the peanut butter granola photos.

See those piffling bits of letters peeking out on the corner of the cutting board inwards the photograph below?  Mmmm, hmmmm ... there's something actually cool hiding at that topographic point ...

Wait for it ...

Wait for it ...

Ohhhhh!  There it is!


How cool is that??  It's a personalized cherry cutting board amongst my spider web log refer engraved inwards it!  My Mom together with Dad surprised me amongst it for Christmas ... together with I intend it's simply 1 of the sweetest things ever.

It's made yesteryear cherryBLOX, a society owned yesteryear friends of our family.  They simply started offering these actually cool personalized cutting boards a few months agone ... together with I love them.  Pop on over together with visit them to run across what they tin whip upward for you!

Peanut Butter Granola amongst Honey-Roasted Peanuts
Ingredients
  • 3 c. old-fashioned oats
  • 3/4 c. creamy peanut butter
  • 3/4 c. honey
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/4 c. wheat germ
  • 3/4 c. sunflower seeds
  • 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1 c. honey-roasted peanuts
Directions
  1. In a large bowl, combine oats, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, together with honey-roasted peanuts.
  2. Combine peanut butter together with dear inwards a small-scale bowl together with microwave, most thirty seconds, until peanut butter melts. Stir to mix well. Add inwards soil cinnamon together with vanilla extract; stir again.
  3. Pour peanut butter mixture into oat mixture together with stir until oats are completely coated amongst the peanut butter mixture.
  4. Spread granola mixture onto a baking pan lined amongst parchment newspaper or aluminum foil. Bake at 300 degrees for thirty to 35 minutes, stirring most every 10 minutes. Remove from oven together with allow cool completely. Store inwards an airtight container.
Enjoy!