Thursday, December 12, 2019

Vermont Maple No-Bake Cookies

Classic no-bake cookies larn an extra exceptional twist inwards these Vermont Maple No-Bake Cookies.  They're pure Vermont maple deliciousness!



I am a huge fan of maple syrup.  Pure Vermont maple syrup, to live exact.  As many of you lot already know, I grew upwards inwards Vermont.  Since moving to North Carolina (eighteen years agone afterwards finishing college), I nevertheless conduct maintain Vermont maple syrup shipped to me from my favorite Vermont carbohydrate shack.  For me, there's merely no substitute.

So when I had the chance to endeavour Tonewood Maple's syrup, ...

I jumped at the chance.  Tonewood Maple is a producer of premium pure Vermont maple products.  And tin I merely say you lot that I adore them already?  Like totally major crush.

And here's why.

1.  They're from Vermont together with they brand maple stuff.  To me, that lone makes them crush-worthy. 

2.  They sent me a parcel amongst their awesome syrup.  I looooooove to larn packages!  It's similar getting a Christmas introduce inwards the mail.  Even when you lot know what's inwards the box!  (My married adult man doesn't empathise how I tin larn thence excited virtually this.)

3.   The parcel arrived on my birthday.  Aren't they thence sweetness to brand certain it arrived on my exceptional day?  (I know, I know ... they had no thought it was my birthday ... but, a daughter tin pretend right?)

4.  They're either clairvoyant, or read my blog.  Because they sent me my favorite flat of maple syrup ... flat B, baby!  I did a post virtually flat B maple syrup a land back.  Grade B is where it's at.  Oh, merely conduct maintain a await at that beautiful bottle of flat B.  


5.  They included a hand-written banknote inwards the package.  I genuinely intend hand-written notes are a lost fine art straight off a'-days.  But they thence convey a smile.  I dearest getting hand-written notes inwards the mail.  Thank you lot for my note, Dori!



I conduct maintain lots of maple recipes, but I wanted to brand something novel amongst my Tonewood maple.  So I popped on over to Dori's blog to conduct maintain a await at the maple recipes she's shared.

I was intrigued amongst maple syrup no-bake cookies, thence I gave them a try.  The ones on Dori's weblog usage maple syrup every bit the sweetener, together with include cocoa together with peanut butter merely similar 'traditional' no-bake cookies.  They were good.  But I wanted to gustation more maple, non cocoa together with peanut butter.

So I laid virtually creating my ain version of Vermont Maple No-Bake Cookies.  That gustation maple.  I volition acknowledge that this took me many to a greater extent than tries than I thought it would, but my hubby together with I are very happy amongst the result.


I ran into a twain of challenges land figuring out this recipe.

The kickoff challenge was to honour a replacement for the peanut butter that would permit the maple season smoothen through to a greater extent than fully.  The solution?  Almond butter.  It lends the same nut butter-type base of operations to the cookies without the overpowering peanut butter taste.

The 2nd ... together with major ... challenge was to larn the consistency of the cookie mixture right.  This was really a fleck tough to move out.  Since almond butter isn't every bit creamy every bit peanut butter, it takes or thence milk to give a creamy cookie texture.  But besides much milk tones downwards the maple season besides much.  Not plenty milk, together with the cookies don't concord together.  

After several tries amongst differing amounts of butter, maple syrup, milk, together with cooking time, I finally establish a combination that gave the texture together with season I was looking for ... soft, creamy texture amongst a definite maple flavor.


I had thence much fun playing amongst my Tonewood Maple sample to create these scrumptious cookies.  They're pure Vermont maple deliciousness.

Thank you lot thence much, Tonewood Maple!

Thank you lot for stopping past times . We'd dearest to conduct maintain you lot dorsum soon!


maple cookies, no bake cookies recipes, no bake maple cookies, Vermont maple, Vermont maple cookies
Cookies & Bars
Yield: 1 dozen cookies
Author:

Vermont Maple No-Bake Cookies

Classic no-bake cookies larn an extra exceptional twist inwards these Vermont Maple No-Bake Cookies. They're pure Vermont maple deliciousness!
prep time: fifteen Mcook time: v Mtotal time: twenty M

ingredients:

  • 1/4 c. unsalted butter
  • 1/2 c. pure maple syrup (preferably Vermont flat B)
  • 2 T. milk
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/4 c. almond butter
  • 3/4 c. old-fashioned oats

instructions:

How to create Vermont Maple No-Bake Cookies

  1. Combine butter, maple syrup, together with milk inwards a modest saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once at a total rolling boil, laid timer together with boil for a total three minutes, stirring constantly.
  2. Remove from oestrus together with permit cool for two minutes. Stir inwards vanilla extract, salt, almond butter together with oats.
  3. Drop past times spoonfuls onto wax newspaper together with allow cookies to cool.
TRACEY'S NOTES
  1. Boiling the maple syrup mixture for a total three minutes over medium-high oestrus is really important. The mixture volition live variety of "frothy" for a land during boiling ... don't worry. Just move on stirring!
  2. Getting the proper consistency for the cookies tin live tricky, due inwards purpose (I think) to differing consistencies of almond butters together with to variations of the achieved thickness during the maple syrup boiling process. Adjust factor amounts, every bit needed:
  3. If your cookie mixture is besides thick afterwards stirring inwards the oats, add together a teeny tiny fleck of milk ... merely 1 teaspoon at a time. The mixture goes from 'too dry' to 'too wet' pretty speedily when adding milk, thence become slow. Also, land the milk adds a wonderful creaminess to the texture of the cookies, it seems to tone downwards the maple season ... thence add together sparingly.
  4. If your cookie mixture is besides 'soupy' afterwards stirring inwards the amount of oats called for inwards the recipe, stir inwards additional oats ... virtually 1/4 loving cup at a fourth dimension ... until a 'drop-able' consistency is achieved. You may conduct maintain to add together anywhere from 1/4 loving cup to 1 loving cup to a greater extent than oats.
Created using The Recipes Generator

Please savor these other no-bake treats from ...







Disclaimer:  Tonewood Maple provided a production sample of their Pure Vermont Grade B Maple Syrup.  Monetary compensation was non provided for the writing of this post.  All expressed opinions are alone those of Tracey at .