Thursday, December 12, 2019

Raspberry-Almond Bars


While these scrumptious Raspberry-Almond Bars are non novel to me ... they're 1 of my all-time absolute favorites ... there is something 'round hither that is novel to me.  Have yous noticed??  Well, allow me plough over yous a piddling hint ... has a completely novel design!  {Okay, then mayhap that was to a greater extent than similar a big hint.}

Thanks to my bloggy friend Vanessa, of Nifty Thrifty Things,  this week  went from:


And I honey it.  Vanessa did an amazing chore 'interpreting' my agency as well as putting it into a weblog design.  Thank you, give thank yous you a 1 one m thousand give thank yous you's to Vanessa!  Now, if you're non familiar alongside Vanessa's blog, I recommend paying her a view at  Nifty Thrifty Things!  While I love, love, honey the novel pattern she created for me, her weblog pattern remains my all-time favorite.  I adore it.

Hmmmm ... exactly mayhap non equally much equally I adore these Raspberry-Almond Bars, oozing alongside raspberry preserves tucked within crumbly almond-spiked oat-based dough.  I'll accept to plough over that roughly persuasion ...


And piece we're talking well-nigh novel things, accept yous visited the novel recipe sharing site RecipeZazz?

No?  Well, popular on over as well as cheque them out!  RecipeZazz is a recipe sharing community site that allows yous to bring together as well as portion your recipes, or to search for recipes of involvement past times course, ingredient, type of cuisine, specialty diet ... as well as oh, past times then many to a greater extent than ways.  Stumped for what to accept for dinner? ... Give RecipeZazz a endeavor for ideas!  {After checking out 's Recipe Index, that is ... of course!}

Now, I mean value I'll larn dorsum to this platter of sweet-treat Raspberry-Almond Bars.  Care to bring together me?



Raspberry-Almond Bars
Source:  My Mom ... as well as I accept no persuasion where she got the recipe!
Ingredients
  • 1 c. all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 c. old-fashioned oats
  • 1/2 c. granulated sugar
  • 1/2 c. butter, at room temperature
  • 1/2 tsp. almond extract
  • 1/2 c. raspberry preserves
  • 1/3 c. sliced almonds
Directions
  1. Line an 8" or 9" foursquare baking pan alongside foil; lightly grease foil.
  2. Combine flour, oats, as well as carbohydrate inwards a large bowl. Add butter as well as cutting inwards alongside a pastry blender (or two forks) until it resembles coarse crumbs. Stir inwards almond extract.
  3. Reserve well-nigh 1 loving cup of the oat mixture. Press the balance of the oat mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
  4. Spread raspberry preserves over the overstep of the of the pressed oat mixture, leaving well-nigh a 1/2-inch border along the edges. Mix almonds alongside reserved oat mixture; sprinkle evenly over preserves as well as press downward gently.
  5. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until edges are golden. Cool inwards pan.
  6. Lift past times edges of the foil onto a cutting board as well as cutting into pocket-size bars.
Enjoy!