Thursday, December 12, 2019

Twice-Baked Sugariness Potatoes

 


You know, when I was mixing upwardly the filling for these Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes, I was completely underwhelmed.  But when I baked them upwardly for their 2nd baking time, something A-MAZING happened!  Yum!  I swear, that 2nd baking fourth dimension ... when all the flavors got fourth dimension to meld together ...

transformed the filling into a delectable bacon-and-sweet potato-and-Parmesan delight.

See, I'm a 'picker.'  I selection piece I'm chopping ingredients.  I selection piece I'm mixing materials up.  I selection piece materials is simmering on the stove top.  I selection piece I'm plating upwardly dishes.  Heck, I fifty-fifty selection piece I'm clearing the tabular array too doing the dishes.  It's a habit that's non then corking for my waistline.

So, when I 'picked' a large ol' spoonful of the sugariness murphy filling piece I was preparing it, I was disappointed at it's seemingly lack of the wonderful season I was expecting.  When you lot combine sugariness murphy pulp, chopped greenish onion, Parmesan cheese, too bacon ('cause bacon makes everything better!), you'd facial expression a powerful season punch, right?  Mmm, hmmm ... wasn't there.

But I pressed on anyway.

And I am sooo glad I did!

As I said before, about A-MAZING magic happens inwards the oven amongst these sugariness potatoes ... too they're at 1 time 1 of our favorites.  So, I decided these had to last what I shared amongst you lot for this month's Eating the Alphabet challenge (letters S too T), hosted past times Brenda of Meal Planning Magic.



I highly recommend you lot bake upwardly about sugariness potatoes, mix the pulp amongst yummy bacon, greenish onion, too Parmesan cheese, too slide it all dorsum inwards the oven to larn all friendly.  Your gustation buds volition give thank you lot you!

Oh, but if you're a 'picker' similar me, you lot may desire to child upwardly a few extra slices of bacon.  You know, simply inwards illustration they mysteriously disappear during the mixing process.





Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
Source:  Adapted from Taste of the South  magazine, Christmas Cooking Southern Style  Christmas 2011 edition (special edition from Southern Lady magazine)
(Printable recipe)
Ingredients
vi pocket-sized or medium-sized sugariness potatoes
8 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
ii T. reserved bacon fatty from cooking the bacon
1/4 c. chopped greenish onion
1 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper


Directions
1.  Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees until fork tender, close 45 minutes to an hour.  Let potatoes residuum for 30 minutes.

2.  Cut potatoes inwards one-half lengthwise.  Scoop out the murphy pulp, leaving the skins intact with close a 1/4-inch layer of pulp within (for stability).  Set skins aside.  Place the pulp inwards a mixing bowl.
(Note:  Before you lot larn started on mixing the sugariness murphy filling, develop aside a lilliputian fleck of chopped greenish onion too crumbled bacon to sprinkle on transcend of the sugariness potatoes every bit garnish.)

3.  Heat the reserved bacon fatty inwards a pan over medium heat.  Cook the greenish onion inwards the bacon fatty until softened, close 1 to ii minutes.  Add greenish onions, crumbled bacon, 1 loving cup Parmesan cheese, salt, too pepper to the sugariness murphy pulp; squeeze together well.

4.  Spoon sugariness murphy mixture into 8 of the reserved murphy skins, discarding the remaining four skins.  Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 loving cup Parmesan cheese evenly over the tops.

5.  Bake at 350 degrees until heated through too cheese is melted, close xxx to 45 minutes.

6.  Garnish amongst reserved chopped greenish onion too crumbled bacon.

Enjoy!