Sunday, November 24, 2019

Cinnamon Syrup A Versatile Piddling Homemade Syrup

Cinnamon Syrup is a uncomplicated together with versatile petty syrup you lot tin easily whip upward at home.  Try it on pancakes, waffles, H2O ice cream, honeydew melon, or anything else your pump desires.


My Vermont friends together with readers ... hold off away!  I'm near to beak near a syrup that's not  pure Vermont maple  syrup.

I know, I know.  The horror!  A native Vermonter beingness disloyal to her syrup truthful love?

Yes, I'm near to hold upward a syrup traitor.  Yes, I'm near to beak near Cinnamon  Syrup.  Shhhhhhh ... don't say the maple, okay?  I'm afraid it powerfulness hold upward jealous.
Ah, it's true.  I'm a pure Vermont maple syrup fanatic.  I moved away from Vermont to North Carolina twenty years ago, together with I withal convey maple syrup shipped to me from Vermont.  Grade B, to hold upward exact.  It's the best.

But I every bit good create love cinnamon.  

So when I came across a recipe for cinnamon syrup, I only had to laissez passer on it a try.


I whipped upward a batch.  And it smelled soooooooo good.

I could hardly hold off to campaign it.

And permit me only say you, my friends ... It.  Is.  Yummy.

{And isn't it cute inwards this petty jar?  I'm thinking it would brand cracking vecino gifts for Christmas, paired alongside a petty packet of homemade pancake mix.  Don't you lot think??}


Mmmmmm, it was yummy alongside my Baked Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes ...


... together with Honeydew alongside Maple {Cinnamon} Syrup together with Dried Cranberries ...


... together with on H2O ice cream.  Ohhhhhhhh, it's soooo practiced on H2O ice cream.


I could every bit good encounter it beingness cracking on breadstuff pudding.  Or waffles.  Or cheesecake.  Or, or, or ... I intend the possibilities are pretty endless.

So if you're a cinnamon fan, I highly recommend giving this versatile petty Cinnamon Syrup a try.  I know I loved  it!

{Just don't say my maple syrup.  Okay?  I actually don't wishing whatsoever jealously issues inwards my fridge ...}



Cinnamon Syrup
Ingredients
  • 1 c. granulated sugar
  • 1/2 c. light corn syrup
  • 1/4 c. water
  • 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • small pinch salt
  • 1/2 c. evaporated milk
Directions
  1. Combine sugar, corn syrup, water, cinnamon, together with common salt inwards a pocket-size saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for two minutes without stirring. Remove from oestrus together with cool for v minutes.
  2. Stir inwards evaporated milk.
  3. Serve warm or mutual frigidity over H2O ice cream, waffles, pancakes, cheesecake, or anything else your pump desires. Store inwards the refrigerator.