Sunday, November 24, 2019

Sauteed Light-Green Beans Amongst Oregano

Sauteed Green Beans amongst Fresh Oregano are a quick, easy, together with flavorful agency to relish those wonderfully fresh summertime light-green beans.  Get your create total of summer's create earlier it's gone!


I've been trying to amend almost eating to a greater extent than veggies lately.  See, I'm a carb addict, together with thus sometimes veggies instruct bypassed for ... good ... let's only state for less salubrious options.  But I am  trying to endure better.  I swear.

Fortunately, summer's fresh create together with garden bounty brand eating to a greater extent than veggies lots easier!  And how speedily y'all tin instruct these sauteed fresh light-green beans amongst oregano on the tabular array helps, too.

I've been real fortunate this summertime to endure kept inwards pretty constant provide of fresh herbs from my Mom's house.  Every fourth dimension I've gone to come across her, she's sent me abode amongst a pocketbook of freshly cutting basil, parsley, oregano, chives, together with mint.

Score!

So yes, those fresh herbs accept for sure helped me on my request to swallow to a greater extent than veggies, too.


Like amongst these fresh light-green beans sauteed amongst fresh oregano, courtesy of my Mom's herb garden together with her friend's garden's edible bean crop.  Such a yummy, quick together with slow combination.

With the assist of summer's fresh produce, hopefully I tin piece of job along upwardly my more-veggie-eating streak.  And honor unopen to resolve for afterwards summer's create is gone.

But fortunately, I've nevertheless got fourth dimension earlier I accept to worry almost that.




Sauteed Green Beans amongst Oregano

(Printable recipe)
Ingredients
  • 2 lbs. fresh light-green beans, ends trimmed
  • 1 medium-sized blood-red onion, chopped
  • 1 T. extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 T. butter
  • 2 T. chopped fresh oregano
  • salt & pepper, to taste
Directions
  1. Place butter together with olive crude inwards a large skillet. Heat over medium-high oestrus until butter melts together with crude is hot. Add onion; saute 1 minute. Add light-green beans; saute almost iv minutes.
  2. Reduce oestrus to medium together with add together oregano. Cook almost 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until beans are tender. Season amongst tabular array salt together with pepper to taste.
Enjoy!

Please relish these other summertime veggie dishes from ...