Sunday, November 24, 2019

My Weekend At The Muddy Dancing Guild {Mountain Lake Guild For #Mixedcon}

 which precisely then happens to live the social club at which much of  My Weekend at the Dirty Dancing Lodge {Mountain Lake Lodge for #MixedCon}

Today I'm inward the kitchen baking ... amongst the soundtrack to "Dirty Dancing" playing inward the background.  Want to know why I'm listening to "Dirty Dancing" music?  {Other than because it's totally awesome  music, that is.}  Well, I precisely got dorsum from a weekend at Mountain Lake Lodge inward Virginia, which precisely then happens to live the social club at which much of "Dirty Dancing" was filmed.  Cool!

So yeh, I kinda even then receive got "Dirty Dancing" on the brain.

I was inward high schoolhouse when the moving-picture demonstrate came out as well as I at i time savage inward dear amongst it.  I mean, what teenage high schoolhouse daughter of the 80's didn't autumn inward dear amongst the star-crossed lovers' floor of Baby as well as Johnny??

Want to come across about pictures I took acre I was there?  'Cause I'll live to a greater extent than than happy to demonstrate them to ya!

It was then fun to come across dissimilar places on the lodge's grounds that were used inward filming "Dirty Dancing" scenes.

Here's the primary social club edifice ... that served every bit the primary edifice of Kellerman's, the resort at which Baby's trouble solid unit of measurement vacationed inward the moving-picture demonstrate ...

 which precisely then happens to live the social club at which much of  My Weekend at the Dirty Dancing Lodge {Mountain Lake Lodge for #MixedCon}

When I arrived at the Lodge ... which is at the destination of a long as well as winding {very  winding} route at the real tippy overstep of a mount ... I was greeted past times trees dusted amongst snowfall as well as a real lite snowfall falling.  This was a bizarre surprise, because fifty-fifty precisely 500 yards downwards the route from the lodge, it wasn't snowing.  The snowfall was exclusively falling correct in that location at the real overstep of the mountain!


Now, I wasn't then thrilled well-nigh the snowy greeting.  See, fifty-fifty though I grew upward inward Vermont, I'm genuinely non a fan of the white fluffy stuff.  Fortunately, it was precisely a lite dusting that melted away pretty quickly.

Here's  "Baby's cabin" ... the cabin at Mountain Lake Lodge where Baby's trouble solid unit of measurement stayed ...

 which precisely then happens to live the social club at which much of  My Weekend at the Dirty Dancing Lodge {Mountain Lake Lodge for #MixedCon}

And desire to know something totally crazy?

That lake inward the movie?  That looks well-nigh similar this?


I dear beingness able to tell I've watched "Dirty Dancing" genuinely AT the identify much of it was filmed!  So fun ...


As much every bit it sounds similar I was, I wasn't at Mountain Lake Lodge merely to pay homage to my all-time favorite movie.  Nope.  

I was genuinely in that location to attend the nutrient bloggers' conference, Mixed.  And it was a blast!  I learned a ton of novel blogging stuff, met upward alive amongst several nutrient bloggers I'd previously exclusively 'met' online, met about novel amazing folks, ate a lot of yummy nutrient {it was a nutrient bloggers' conference, later on all}, as well as fifty-fifty got about fabulous goodies to accept domicile amongst me.



I had the wonderful pleasance of hanging out amongst these amazing bloggers ...

 which precisely then happens to live the social club at which much of  My Weekend at the Dirty Dancing Lodge {Mountain Lake Lodge for #MixedCon}

Back row:  Emily of It Bakes Me Happy, Me, as well as Janine of Janine's Rustic Kitchen
Front Row:  Liz of Floating Kitchen, Zainab of Blahnik Baker, Carrie of Frugal Foodie Mama, as well as Erin of Delightful due east Made


I had the pleasance of whipping upward a few cute footling jars of yummy-smelling saccharide scrubs, compliments of Dixie Crystals Sugar ...



I never knew saccharide scrubs were then slowly to make.  I had these whipped upward inward v minutes flat.  Of course, the Dixie Crystals folks had all the ingredients ready for me ... but even then ... they're easy.  I swear.

You tin give the sack detect lots of dissimilar sugar scrub recipes on Dixie Crystals' website ... I made Mexican Hot Chocolate as well as Lemon Rosemary.  They odor proficient plenty to eat!


And I had the pleasance of taking domicile this chocolate-lover's-dream-of-a-gift-basket I won from Hershey's ...


Score!

Seriously, when I opened upward as well as unpacked the handbasket i time I got home, the chocolate treats precisely kept coming as well as coming as well as coming.  I'm stocked upward on my chocolate furnish for a while.  Thank you, give thank y'all you, give thank y'all you, Hershey's!

As y'all tin give the sack see, I loved every infinitesimal of my weekend at the "Dirty Dancing" lodge.  Complete amongst lots of references to carrying watermelons ... or sitting inward corners.  Some could fifty-fifty tell I had the fourth dimension of my life!

Okay, then mayhap non the fourth dimension of my life, but it was indeed lots of fun!